Thursday, April 22, 2010

Moving right along....

So I hit a big milestone in four days.... I'm officially 6 months pregnant! It does not seem like it has been that long...

Now, you would think that being 6 months along would mean that I have three months left, right? WRONG! Apparently the entire world lies on a regular basis and pregnancy actually lasts 10 months. That's right, I'll tell you the truth, 10! 40 weeks= 10 months. So I still have 4 months to go, but that's probably a good thing since I still have lots of things around here to get ready.

I go to the doctor again on Monday for this month's appointment. This week is my test for gestational diabetes. The process is ridiculously complicated.... I have to:
1. Wake up and not eat, but exactly one hour before my appointment time I have to drink a nasty drink...
2. I have to drink the entire drink in five minutes, completely....
3. Record the exact time that I finish drinking the gross drink...
4. Arrive to my appointment 15 minutes early so that I can get my blood drawn exactly one hour after I finish drinking the drink.
I hope that I remember all that... my brain hasn't been working very well lately.

One new development on the pregnancy front is that I feel Lennon move all the time now! It is the coolest and the strangest thing at the same time...

Jason has felt him move a couple of times too, which is awesome.

We are looking forward to when you can start to watch him move around from the outside. We've watched videos of that on YouTube and it's awesome!

Hopefully I'll remember to post again before next month's appointment.... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment